Monday 25 June 2012

Pick-pocketin'

I took the Circle line to Farringdon and right when I got off of the tube I wanted to figure out where the pick-pocketing sites were. I followed my google map and eventually found Clerkenwell Green, which is an area where a lot of the pick-pocketing took place. This area is where the Artful Dodger tries to teach Oliver to pickpocket from Mr. Brownlow. It's cool to see the area now-a-days, because it's a very busy area with many businesses. Businessmen in their suits and ties are walking around everywhere. It is not what I first expected, but I can see why Dicken's would base the pick-pocketing incidents off of this area because of it's busyness. The busyness would take people's attention off of their bags and belongings and the pick-pocketers would have a better chance of stealing something.
Clerkenwell Road
Clerkenwell Green
picture of Clerkenwell Road and some of the businesses and cars showing the liveliness of the street.


No comments:

Post a Comment