Wednesday 27 June 2012

Map

This is a map of some of the places that I went on my Charles Dicken's Oliver Twist walking tour. It was cool to walk through what influenced the characters and scenes of Oliver Twist. I was able to relate to Dickens more in this way by seeing these sights firsthand. All of the places I went to involved crime in Oliver Twist. Crime is a huge part of this book and is seen throughout its entirety in different ways. The theme of crime is displayed in the following list and is related to the places that I visited: Fagin is one of the main criminals in the book, the police station and Old Sessions House are two places were arrests or court trials took place, pickpocketing incidents happened on Clerkenwell Green, and the Three Cripples pub is where Fagin and his gang would meet to discuss plans of crimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment